Friday, November 5, 2010

"Patience is a Virtue"



Well, it has been more than a year that you have been waiting for the completion of this project. Hope you have been able to find the virtue in "Patience"...for me I have found a lot of guilt in the fact that it has taken so long for me to finish this piece...however, my friend Verda has truly appreciated the effort as evidenced by the fact she posted it on her Facebook page!

When I last left you, all I really had to do was add some of the little details that would tell more of the story of our times together. It took me awhile to find the right little poodle printed on fabric and in fact I had to color the one I eventually used as it was actually a white poodle on the printed fabric. But, she so fit for the image of Maggie dressed up in her little outfit that I knew it was perfect the minute I saw it in a San Diego Quilt Shop. The tiny little shell made a perfect nose and the feathered coral images created just the right sparkle in her eyes. Now, I want to assure I wasn't saying Verda has a whale of a big mouth but don't you think the curve of that piece is perfect for a person who always has a big smile and word of encouragement for her friends. I actually went "whale watching" while in San Diego last year and the joy I felt each time they surfaced was reminiscent of the joy that floods my soul every time I hear Verda's voice. Friends are a true gift from God and Verda is one of the best gifts I've ever received!

1 comment:

  1. My friend Verda asked me to post this for her:

    "Oh Sue, I sit here stunned reading the story behind the loving portrait quilt you made for me. It's nice to read what each of the items on the quilt meant to you while making this beautiful work of art. Yes, Maggie is a dear and means so much to me and here she is sitting so sweet and full of fun. I love when mentioned my "whale of a mouth", and yes the whale does have the right curve. I hope I have brought laughter and love to my friends as life is too short not to enjoy what God has given us. We should all take the time to help our friends and family when they reach out to us. I also think you captured my love of the beach and the wonderful memories I have of our days in Aruba and the holiday you and Carol spent with me at the beach house in Anna Maria.
    Thank you Sue for this beautiful work of art that you put so much love in each detail. Your friend, Verda"

    ReplyDelete